Naruto Uzushio Whirlpools (Uzu-no-Michi)
“Uzu no Michi” is an enclosed walkway built within the bridge girder (below the roadway) of the Onaruto Bridge over the Naruto Strait.
At the end of the 450-meter-long walkway is the circuit-style observatory that makes use of the space of the girders of the Onaruto Bridge.
When you peer through the glass floor 45 meters above the waters, you can really sense the whirlpools and the roaring tidal currents.
- Naruto-machi, Naruto-shi, Tokushima Prefecture (within Naruto Koen)
- Get off at Bus stop Naruto Koen, several minutes by foot
- March to September: 9:00-18:00 (last entry 17:30)
Golden Week and summer vacation periods: 8:00-19:00 (last entry 18:30)
October to February: 9:00-17:00 (last entry 16:30)
- Second Monday of March, June, September and December
- Admission Fees
Adults: 510 yen
Junior high school students: 410 yen
Elementary school children: 250 yen
- All year
- For the best hours for watching the whirlpools, see “Tide Table” posted on the website.
Hiwasa Hachiman Shrine Autumn Festival
Awa Jurobe Yashiki (Puppet Theater and Museum)
Ryozen-ji, the first temple of the pilgrimage circuit
Iya no Kazurabashi
Oboke and Koboke Gorges (Oboke Gorges excursion boat)
Oku-Iya Niju Kazurabashi
Hiwasa Chelonian Museum Caretta
Awa Odori Dance Festival
Tokushima Awaodori Airport
Otsuka Museum of Art