A sprawling, all-purpose park centered around Tokiwa Lake adorned with greenery, flowers, and sculptures.
The expansive and lush green park also has attractions for children and adults, such as an amusement park, zoo, UBE Tokiwa Museum, and the Coal Museum. The Tokiwa Zoo had its grand opening in March 2016, and its characteristic "Habitat Exhibit" makes it rare among zoos in Japan.
Furthermore, the botanical garden in the Tokiwa Museum has rare tropical plants and western Japan's largest collection of cactus breeds.
Thanks to the efforts of "plant hunter" Seijun Nishihata, the garden will be reborn as a "greenhouse where one can travel the world and be moved".
- 3-4-1 Norisada, Ube City, Yamaguchi
- About 5 min. by taxi from Yamaguchi Ube Airport to the front entrance of Tokiwa Park
- From JR Shin-Yamaguchi Station, take a limited express bus (about 30 min. / 860 yen) and get off at "Tokiwa Koen Iriguchi"
- Amusement park, zoo:
UBE Tokiwa Museum, Coal Museum:
Park is open for walking 24 hours a day
- Every Tue. (if holiday, closed the next day)
*Park is open for walks everyday
- Park admission: free
*Only Tokiwa Zoo has admission fees: general: 500 yen
Junior high school and younger: 200 yen
Seniors: 250 yen
Under 3 years: free
Group discounts available
- All year
- People can enjoy various flowers and events that change with the seasons
Hagi Castle Town and Hagi Meiringakusha
Akiyoshidai Plateau/Akiyoshido Cave
Iwakuni Kintaikyo Airport
Hofu Tenman-gu Shrine
Karato Fish Market
Yamaguchi Ube Airport
Shunan Industrial Night Scenery
Iwakuni Art Museum with Kashiwabara Collection
Nagato Yumoto Onsen
World Heritage Sites: Hagi Castle Town and the Shokasonjuku Academy
Motonosumi Inari Shrine
Yanai Nishigura/goldfish lantern experience
Hagi Uragami Museum